The Terrible Hackathon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of anyone in any form. Participants or attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the venue at the discretion of the organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event, without refund.
Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our events for everyone. We want you to be happy at our events. People like you make our events a better place.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or texting this phone number: Zac Miller-Waugh – 022 430 7464. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting an event organiser.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we will ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Terrible Hack Auckland Organiser – Zac Miller-Waugh – 022 430 7464
Event contact email – [email protected]
Sexual assault hotline – 0800 883 300
Sexual Assault Support Services Canterbury (SASSC) 24/7 – 03 377 5402
At the University of Auckland:
If an incident takes place on campus you can phone University Security on +64 9 373 7599 extension 85000, or dial 85000 directly if you use an internal University telephone. You can read more about safety on campus here.